Ecology Policy of Transneft, JSC
Being the key player of the energy industry of the Russian Federation and ensuring its successful performance, Transneft, JSC defines protection of environment and ensuring high level of ecological safety of Transneft, JSC production facilities as its top and eternal priority.
Transneft, JSC fully understands potential hazards and possible negative effects of its large-scale and technologically complicated production activities on the environment, therefore, it will develop and operate its oil and oil products trunk pipelines system and perform other associated works so as to prevent environmental damage and ensure the highest level of ecological safety of its activities.
Transneft, JSC obligations regarding environmental protection and ecological safety apply to all structural units of Transneft, JSC and Transneft subsidiaries, and are included into Transneft, JSC Business Partnership Policy.
In its business, Transneft, JSC applies the following principles:
· full compliance with the requirements of international treaties of the Russian Federation, laws of the Russian Federation and its constituents, local administration acts, standards, rules and regulation governing natural resources exploitation, environmental protection and ecological safety;
· continuous improvement of activities aimed at protection of the environment as well as the Environmental Management System;
· preventing and reducing adverse environmental effects via introduction of innovative technologies and increasing ecological safety of transportation pipelines, reducing emission intensity, pollutant dumping into the environment, and production wastes;
· sustainable use of natural resources at all production stages taking into account requirements of regulatory documents, and increasing energy efficiency of production processes at all stages;
· mandatory assessment of environmental effects of the projected activities at the stage of making a decision on construction of production facilities;
· taking into consideration future ecological effects during design, construction and operation of oil and oil products transportation facilities;
· availability of important information on environmental protection activities;
· full compensation of environmental damage.
To comply with the aforesaid principles, Transneft, JSC sets the following goals and tasks at all stages of production activities:
· planning and conducting activities while aiming at preventing and decreasing negative effects on the environment via introduction of innovative technologies, and increasing ecological safety of transportation pipelines, reducing production wastes, emission intensity, pollutant dumping into the environment, if and where possible;
· design, construction, re-equipment, reconstruction and complete overhaul of oil and oil products transportation facilities and implementation of production processes and equipment using modern ecologically safe technologies;
· development and implementation of economically effective and innovative technologies that ensure economical consumption of stock, materials and energy sources, reuse of resources and waste disposal;
· providing enough inventories, financial and human resources for performance of activities aimed at protection of the environment;
· providing economic and organizational conditions for sustainable use of natural resources during designing, construction, re-equipping, reconstruction, complete overhaul and operation of facilities for oil and oil products pipeline transportation;
· subcontractors' meeting the requirements of the Russian Federation international treaties, laws of the Russian Federation and its constituents, local administration acts, standards and norms in the sphere of ecological safety and sustainable use of natural resources, and the requirements of Transneft, JSC Ecological Management System at the stages of designing, construction, re-equipping, reconstruction, complete overhaul of facilities of Transneft companies;
· corporate (within Transneft, JSC) and industrial (within Transneft subsidiaries) ecological control, adherence to the established procedure of licensing, insurance and certification of facilities for oil and oil products pipeline transportation;
· establishment of norms and quality control of the environment while transporting, pumping and storing oil and oil products, including regular estimation of their effects on the environment;
· reducing risk of emergencies with ecological adverse effects on the basis of comprehensive internal diagnostics of trunk pipelines and timely inspection of tank farms;
· maintaining high level of equipment at Transneft, JSC and Transneft subsidiaries with technical means for liquidation of oil and oil product outflows and ensuring readiness of management and providing workforce and means to respond to emerging ecological hazards;
· effective financing and continuous improvement of Transneft, JSC Environmental Management System in accordance with international standard ISO 14001:2004 due to timely development and updating of company regulations in the sphere of management of production processes, environmental protection and ecological safety, clear sharing of rights, duties and liabilities in the sphere of environmental protection among employees;
· regular estimation of significance of ecological aspects of activities of Transneft, JSC and Transneft subsidiaries;
· establishment, continuous analysis, consistent updating of the target and planned environmental performance indices (Targets and Goals of the Environmental Management System) to reduce adverse ecological effects;
· improvement of ecological culture, educational and professional level of Transneft, JSC and Transneft subsidiaries’ employees in the sphere of sustainable use of natural resources, environmental protection and ecological safety;
· continuous promotion of Transneft, JSC image as ecologically oriented company, which is based on the loyalty of international ecological organizations, partners, clients and population in the regions, where Transneft, JSC and Transneft subsidiaries carry out their activities.
Transneft, JSC considers that compliance with the stated requirements and terms guarantees ecological safety of its activities and solves social and economical issues in line with the 2030 National Environmental Development Policy of the Russian Federation.
Put into force by the Order of Transneft, JSC No. 104 dated 21 July 2014